2010年10月16日星期六

Cesky Krumlov城堡內的展覽

城堡內有一個現代藝術展。這個藝術家覺得公共廁所是一個很特別的空間。他的想法很有趣:

"Each space has its own approach to telling a story. It is particularly the case of common bathrooms. These witnesses of intimacy without an intimacy are able to retroactivitely tell human stories and their destinies. Any time I have entered a simila apces before, I stopped and stood still for some time. Then I shook my entire body as it felt the heavy burden of the stories.

'She' is washing her saggy breasts; 'he' is washing his bulky stomach while looking foward to have his usual twelve beers. Thesea are still not such heavy stories. However, there are stories of
common bathrooms in hospitals, detention centres and concentration camps. Who has ever stood quietly in such a bathroom must understand why the sinks have a shape of dental imprints with teeth. In the given context it is so palin and logical.

There is a double sink as part of the entire composition. It is called 'Family Double Portrait' and it contains an inscription PARAL. The double sink has two seperate taps and one joint draingage. It represents an abstraction of a long-time family cohabitation of me and my wife, i.e. of two people who found each other, decided o share each others' journey therough life and thus can die together in wisdeom and understanding.

When the right moment comes, I would like to transform this object into bronze and place it on our grave."

--Miroslav Paral

2 則留言:

  1. I should have used English. It is much faster for me. hehe.
    [版主回覆10/18/2010 06:05:00]English and Chinese are both okay  :)

    回覆刪除
  2. His thinking was so strange. I think a double sink with a common drainage represents two link-coffins between himself and other half.
    [版主回覆10/26/2010 07:38:00]I think, to him, a bathroom sink is a very private space, so he used the double sink represent the intimacy between him and his wife. Haha! I also think his thinking is quite strange!

    回覆刪除